Enjoy breathtaking seaside scenery as you visit two gems, Sorrento and the idyllic isle of Capri, before scouring the archaeological ruins of Pompeii. Enjoy a scenic 50-minute jetfoil ride across turquoise waters to Capri, then stroll La Piazzetta square. Savor a light tasty lunch in Sorrento. View recovered artifacts once buried in Pompeii, an ancient Roman city destroyed in 79 AD by a Mount Vesuvius eruption.
• Capri: Relish ocean breezes on a jetfoil ride to the picturesque island, before roaming villa-lined streets and La Piazzetta square.
• Sorrento: Enjoy lunch in the seaside village, hearing legends of the Sirens of Sorrento who lured Ulysses.
• Pompeii: See mansions, baths, and artifacts recovered from the ancient town destroyed by eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• In Pompeii, guests will be dropped off and picked up at the coach parking area, which is approx. 10-15 minutes walk to the entrance of Pompeii.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour. Special Offer for reduced pricing applies to select Mediterranean tours that are booked May 3-31, 2016. Tours must be booked prior to cruise departure date. Offer is subject to availability and applies to new tour bookings.
• Please be advised that this tour is operated over a narrow and winding road bordering high cliffs; guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions before going on this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground in Pompeii and approximately one mile over cobblestone surfaces in Capri.
• You may encounter crowds and delays at the funicular or local minibus station in Capri.
• Guests will be on their feet up to 90 minutes at any given time.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Time permitting, guests will visit a cameo factory outside Pompei excavations , either before or after visit.
• Tour may operate in reverse order.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in Italian and Spanish. A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language. For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter inside Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of the excavations.