Explore ancient history while touring Pompeii's archeological excavations then visit two charming seaside villages on a tour that's limited to only 16 guests. View ruins and artifacts in ancient Pompeii, destroyed by an erupting Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Hear legends of the Sirens of Sorrento, watch wood carvers at work, and savor an Italian meal along Sorrento's coast or Positano village. Spend free time in postcard-worthy Positano, brimming with bougainvillea-laced streets and gift shops.
• Pompeii: Empathize with early Roman citizens, and see extraordinary relics of the volcanic devastation visited upon this ancient town.
• Sorrento: Watch artisans create polished wood with inlaid marquetry objects, and learn how Ulysses was lured by the Sirens.
• Positano: Walk through beautiful bougainvillea-lined streets, shop in boutiques, or relax at an oceanfront cafe in this picture-perfect beach town.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• In Pompeii, guests will be dropped off and picked up at the coach parking area, which is approx. 10-15 minutes walk to the entrance of Pompeii.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground in Pompeii with a steep incline at entrance with 20-25 steps.
• There are steep hills in Positano.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Time permitting, guests will visit a cameo factory either before or after the visit to the excavations
• Tour sequence may vary.
• For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter inside Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of the excavations.