Spend the day discovering two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the iconic Amalfi Coast and the fascinating ruins of Pompeii. Delight in breathtaking oceanfront scenery as you drive along the picturesque coastline. Visiting the town of Amalfi, take time to explore the charming maritime village on your own, strolling the narrow streets to the Piazza del Duomo, seeing the stunning 12th-century cathedral and shopping for authentic souvenirs. Then enjoy spectacular coastal views and calming sea breezes on a 45-minute boat ride across dazzling azure waters along the cliff-lined Amalfi Coast. Savor a delicious authentic Italian lunch with wine and champagne before exploring Pompeii, one of the world’s most amazing archaeological wonders. Walking the ancient streets, behold a city beautifully preserved in time, which was, for centuries, covered in 20 feet of volcanic ash and pumice. Discover lavish temples, villas and more of this once-flourishing Roman city, destroyed in 79 A.D. when Mount Vesuvius erupted.
• Amalfi: Wander the charming streets of this former maritime superpower; the cathedral’s crypt is said to have St. Andrew’s remains.
• Amalfi Coast: Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of cliffs and grottos on a 45-minute cruise along Italy’s most famous coastline.
• Pompeii: Uncover lavish temples, villas and more of this once-flourishing Roman city, destroyed in 79 A.D. when Mount Vesuvius erupted.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit Cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Comfortable shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• In Pompeii, guests will be dropped off and picked up at the coach parking area, which is approx. 10-15 minutes walk to the entrance of Pompeii.
• Guests must be in good physical condition and not suffer from heart disease.
• Guests with walking difficulties or guests confined to wheelchairs should not select this tour.
• No big bags or backpacks allowed inside Pompeii excavations
• Women more than seven months’ pregnant should not select this tour.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol.