Your accessible shore excursion begins as you meet your professional tour guide and driver at the cruise dock. Once onboard your wheelchair accessible van, you'll enjoy the short ride into the ancient Roman town Herculaneum for a fascinating, accessible walking/rolling tour of the historic city. The visit will start with the characteristic ancient town walls, and then continue to the Old Marina, where in 1980 archeologists found over 250 skeletons. Next, you'll see the House of Skeletons and the Thermopolium, where those who didn't have a private kitchen could get food. Following this, you'll visit the breathtaking Augustales Temple which is thought to be the headquarters of the Collegium Augustalium, and the Forum, which is still lies partially buried. The final site of the day will be the House of the Black Salon, one of the more luxurious mansions, before heading back to the cruise dock.
• Experience the House of Skeletons.
• Visit the picturesque Old Marina.
• Explore the breathtaking Augustales Temple.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency/ credit cards
What to Wear:
• Comfortable clothes and shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• This small group tour is designed to be accessible for all guests.
• In order for the van to access the inner city and get special permission to get close to the venues, please bring your disability identification or disabled parking placard with you. This is mandatory in Italy.
• The tour route avoids steps and stairs. Accessible bathrooms with wide doors for wheelchairs are present along the tour route.
• Tour includes accessible vehicle with wheelchair lift or ramp, tour guide and entrance tickets. Lunch/snack are not included in tour price.
• Cobblestones and hills may be present along the route. Distances that Guests must walk/roll are approximate.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. The order of the sites viewed or visited may vary.
• Guests with wheelchairs must be able to self-propel or have a companion push them.
• Tour Accessibility can change without notice due to vehicle malfunction, building construction, traffic conditions, or other factors.
• Big bags and water are not allowed at the Herculaneum ruins.
• Accessible vehicles are extremely limited; therefore, guests are encouraged to make their reservations in advance.
• This excursion requires a minimum participation to operate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for additional information to reserve this tour.