After your Art Deco tour of Napier, you’ll venture into the coastal countryside to the fertile Heretaunga Plains. You’ll take a scenic drive through the Tuki Tuki Valley, where you’ll experience exhilarating views of Te Mata Peak, while your guide tells you Maori legends. When you return to Napier, you’ll explore the city's 1930's era Art Deco architecture including the Municipal Theatre building.
• Enjoy a guided driving tour through Napier, where you’ll learn more about the city’s Art Deco style.
• See the Municipal Theatre, designed by J.T. Watson (1938), a classic example of Art Deco architecture.
• Explore Ahuriri, Napier’s oldest settlement featuring 1930’s-style houses and gardens during your narrated drive.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests walk .5 miles over flat surfaces with some steps.
• Order of itinerary may vary to avoid congestion.