Majestic horses transport riders through history and legend to explore mystical mountains and hidden valleys of remote North Island. From Napier, drive into the mountains of the Hawke’s Bay wilderness to Mohaka Valley to meet your equine companion. After brief safety instruction, travel farm tracks and wide grassy lanes through the unforgettable Maungaharuru mountain foothills, pine forests and verdant valleys. See beautiful vistas, flora and wildlife including sika deer; and enjoy refreshments at the stables.
• Horseback riding: Helmets and safety instruction are provided and guides help travelers mount horses that carry them through the hinterland.
• Wilderness wonderland: See beautiful views of remote North Island’s mountains, valleys, rivers, pine forests and unique flora and fauna.
• Refreshments: Descend into a hidden valley to relax with refreshments at the tour’s stables before the return to Napier.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical conditions must take particular caution when selecting a tour, particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guides will tailor the trek to guests' level of confidence and capability.
• Guests must be 7 years or older to participate.