Take in the sights of Nassau and Paradise Island in air-conditioned comfort, with photo stops and samples of tasty local food and drink along the way. On this guided tour, you’ll make about seven stops, one of them the Nassau Rum Cake Factory to taste delicious cakes soaked in rum. For amazing views of Nassau, climb the Queen’s Staircase of more than 65 steps carved by slaves out of solid coral rock, giving you an amazing view of Nassau below.
Then visit John Watling’s Distillery to see how rum is made and sip some samples. Take advantage of photo ops at late 18th-century Fort Charlotte, built to defend the island against pirates, as well as the luxurious Atlantis Royal Towers. You’ll also stop at the local foodie favorite fish fry in colorful Junkanoo Beach, followed by a stop at the bustling Straw Market to browse handmade Bahamian crafts, gifts, local foods, souvenirs and more.
• 3.5-hour tour: See the sights and attractions of Nassau in air-conditioned comfort; stop for photos and samples of local food and drink along the way.
• Queen’s Staircase: For amazing views of Nassau, climb a staircase of more than 65 steps carved by slaves from solid coral rock.
• Fort Charlotte: Learn how the Fort built in the Napoleonic era was used to defend the island against marauding pirates.
• Atlantis Resort: Take gorgeous photos at the famous Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 90 yards over flat surfaces with inclines and about 76 steps (66 steps are optional).
• Minivans are used for transportation.
• Guests with mobility difficulties can opt to take the bus down the Queen’s Staircase.
• In the event the John Watling's Distillery is closed due to a National Holiday, more time will be spent at Atlantis Resort and the fish fry. Guests will be able to browse the resort and take a return shuttle to the pier.
• Cost of entry into Fort Fincastle is not included.
• Alcohol may be served, please drink responsibly.