Join a specialized guide for a scenic stroll around the private isle of Blue Lagoon, where you’ll discover historical treasures, native plants and marine life. This tour includes time to enjoy the beautiful lagoon beach, before or after your tour. Cast away from Nassau on a high-speed large ferry and delight in a 35-minute cruise across Caribbean waters to the private tropical paradise of Blue Lagoon Island. Alongside a local guide, head out on foot on backroad trails lined with coconut palms teeming with tropical birds, as you hear the colorful history of the island dating back to 1875. Blue Lagoon Island is home to a thriving ecosystem of coral reefs and marine life including sharks, stingrays and dolphins. Listen along to tales of pirates who used to cull salt from the lagoon, as well as the European royalty and American luminaries who once stayed on the island. The guided portion of the tour concludes at the Entrance Tower, a timeworn concrete landmark that stands guard over the lagoon and offers spectacular views of the entire island. With about an hour of free time on the island, you can swim, sun, shop, rent watersports and snorkel equipment, or dine on island specialties before catching your return boat back to port. At your leisure choose between two return ferries back to your ship.
• The Bahamas: Explore this tropical archipelago’s diverse ecosystem while identifying native flora and fauna on a guided nature walk.
• The Entrance Tower: Delve into the history of Blue Lagoon Island and relish sweeping views of the ocean and beaches.
• Blue Lagoon Island: Relax by swimming, snorkeling, shopping or savoring tasty island cuisine in a tropical paradise.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk over brick, sand and wood paved surfaces, with inclines and about 3 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Boat is not equipped with ramps or wheelchair-accessible restrooms, but the facility on the island provides both of these options.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Tour does not include lunch or entrance to aqua park.
• Snorkel masks, fins and life vests are provided for snorkeling at an additional cost. Snorkeling only available when weather permits.
• Optional water activities payable at site and performed at guests' own risk.
• All food, beverage and watersports can be purchased at an additional cost.
• Lockers are available for rental while on the island.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• The boat ride between Nassau and Blue Lagoon Island is approximately 45 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Complementary WiFi internet access is available in select areas of Blue Lagoon.