Soak up the sun, sand and sea life of Balmoral Island with a 4.5-hour beach day that not only includes a guided kayak trip around Bahamian waters, but also time to relax by the shore. Enjoy a 30-minute boat ride across Delaport Bay to a private isle teeming with natural beauty and tropical appeal. Balmoral Island serves as the perfect launch point for a scenic kayak trip — and after a safety briefing your professional guide will take the lead as you paddle offshore. With 35 minutes to explore crystalline Bahamian waters, you'll delight in panoramic island scenery and glide over calm waters filled with marine life. Back ashore you'll have about two hours to unwind as you wish on the island, with a beachfront chaise lounge, umbrella plus complimentary noodles, tubes and kids toys included. This idyllic isle has it all: two swimming pools, a stretch of sugary sands, a marine habitat for dolphins and stingrays, as well as the Sugar Cane Bar serving frozen cocktails, a boutique, Starbucks cafe, and island-style cuisine (additional cost may apply). Get your fill of Bahamian beachside bliss before returning by ferry back to Nassau.
• Delaport Bay: Relish 360-degree views of Nassau and Bahamian seascapes on a 30-minute ferry cruise to an offshore island.
• Kayaking: Paddle your way in a double or single person ocean kayak around sandy-bottomed waters, and marine life as your guide illuminates everything you see.
• Balmoral Island: You'll have no worries with free time to sun, swim, sip cocktails or dine on Caribbean fare.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .01 miles over paved and sandy surfaces, with inclines and about 75 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must be able to paddle for 35 minutes.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests must be able to swim to participate.
• Optional water activities payable at site and performed at guests' own risk.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Tour does not include lunch.
• Guests 12-18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your boat for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Guests must have prior experience kayaking in open waters.