Discover the Puerto Rican city of Ponce’s rich history and dynamic culture on a half-day tour that lets you explore the Museo de Arte de Ponce and bustling Plaza Las Delicias. With more than three hours in the island’s second-largest city, you’ll first enter Museo de Arte de Ponce, a world-renowned art museum that houses some 4,500 pieces across 14 galleries, including one of the most important Pre-Raphaelite collections in the Western Hemisphere. Admire a collection of European art and works by Puerto Rican artists spanning from the Renaissance to the 19th century. Moving on, you'll take a stroll to nearby Plaza Las Delicias — the city’s main square is known for its Lions Fountain, mosaic-tiled sidewalks and late 1800s lampposts. Here you’ll also stand before the Cathedral of Guadalupe, a 1930s masterpiece with ornate stained glass windows, as well as Parque de Bombas, the 100-year-old firehouse.
• Museo de Arte de Ponce: Peruse a world-renowned collection of some 4,500 pieces of European art and Puerto Rican works.
• Plaza Las Delicias: A walk through this picturesque square reveals sculpted fountains, a stately cathedral and old city firehouse.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Snack (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk over various surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• Tour sequence may vary.