Embark on a journey of astonishing natural beauty as you circle the turquoise waters of Oppstrynsvatn – Lake Stryn. You'll drive through lovely Stryn, nestled along the 66-mile Nordfjord, on a hairpin-turned climb up mountains 2000 feet high. Pause for photos of the spectacular panorama of lake, valley, mountains and ice. View films and exhibits about glacier ecosystems at Jostedal Glacier National Park Center and relax over coffee and svele, Norway's tasty pancake specialty.
• Lakeside Drive: Climb 2000 feet up through 19 hairpin turns and waterfront villages around Lake Stryn's clear, turquoise waters.
• Glacier Park Center: Learn about the glaciers that shaped Norway and the unique flora and fauna that thrive here.
• Svele: Enjoy Norway's unique pancakes and coffee in the Center's Viking-style cafeteria; stroll the botanical gardens outside.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 200 yards over even surfaces.
• Tour order may vary.