Explore the highlights of Ponta Delgada, capital of the Azores, on this commentated tour of the city's essential landmarks. Visit the church of Sao, Sebastiao, built between 1531 and 1547, before taking a scenic walk through Ponta Delgada's main shopping area to the convent and chapel of Nossa Senhora de Esperanca. Discover the abundant natural beauty of the city with stops at the Jose do Canto and Antonio Borges Botanical Gardens.
• Church of Sao Sebastiao: Visit the main church of Ponta Delgada, which was built between 1531 and 1547.
• Nossa Senhora da Esperanca: Admire the ornate altar and richly decorated interiors of the small chapel in this convent.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Should the Sao Sebastiao Church be closed, the tour will visit the Convent of Esperanza instead.
• Guests need to be aware that most of the tour is done on foot (walking).
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles.