Ready to reserve this excursion?
Get a taste of Phuket’s dynamic sugarcane history, spiritual customs and beer culture on a six-hour trip that includes a stop at Wat Chalong temple plus samples at Chalong Bay Rum Distillery and Full Moon Brewworks. You’ll first learn the ins and outs of the six-step rum-producing process — from the local farmers who grow Thai sugarcane to the methods of bottling by hand — while touring the Chalong Bay Rum Distillery’s French copper still and bottling plant. Your tasting session also includes a complimentary mojito cocktail. Moving on to Wat Chalong, you’ll step inside Phuket’s most important Buddhist temple. Discover antique Thai furniture and statues dedicated to two monks who helped injured citizens during the Chinese rebellion in 1876. Enjoy a quick stop at a cashew nut factory to shop for local snacks before heading to Full Moon Brewworks in the nearby town of Patong. As Phuket Island’s only microbrewery, this taproom brews a collection of small batch, handcrafted beers onsite using 100% all natural ingredients. Settle in and sample two glasses of craft beer, with the choice of Phuket Lager, Chalawan Pale Ale, Andaman Dark Ale or Oriental Wheat. Then toast your Far East adventure before making the return trip back to port.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Chalong Bay Rum Distillery: Delve into the facility’s sustainable sugarcane growing practices and bottling process before sipping a complimentary mojito.
• Wat Chalong: Enter Phuket’s largest Buddhist temple and then shop for Thai cashews in a local nut factory.
• Full Moon Brewworks: Enjoy two glasses of beer from a selection of pale ale, dark ale, lager and wheat beer.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .6 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 15 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol. The legal age of alcohol consumption is 21 years.
• The sale of alcohol in Thailand is banned between 2-5 p.m. This rule largely affects supermarkets and chain shops. It is common knowledge that the law is not always enforced at smaller, family-run shops. There is an alcohol shop in Jungceylon, but it’s closed at those hours. Guests will be permitted to drink alcohol in the restaurant.
• Chalong Bay Rum Distillery is closed on Sunday.
• Respectful attire is required inside temple.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Tour does not include lunch.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour can be operated by private van for minimum of 1 and maximum of 10 guests at $165 USD per van with English-speaking guide. Drinks are excluded.
• Cancellations made in a short period of time (less than 12 hours prior to the day of service) will result in a 100% charge (no refund) for the private arrangement.
• The additional charge for foreign language guides (German, Spanish, French) is $20 USD per guide for half-day tour.
• If tour is operate by van, one guide will oversee two vans and swap between the two vans and major information will be given on the spot.
• The drive to the rum distillery is approximately 45 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.