Experience Phuket’s sacred spaces, distinct Thai flavors and shopping culture on a full-day trip that includes stops at Wat Chalong temple, Big Buddha, lunch in the jungle and stunning views from Promthep Cape. A 40-minute bus ride through town brings you to the doors of Wat Chalong, the most important Buddhist temple in Phuket. Listen along to the story of two venerable monks while admiring this spiritual center’s gilded statues, ornate décor and antique Thai furniture. You’ll then be awed by the sheer magnitude of the Big Buddha situated atop the Nakkerd Hills. Standing 45 meters tall, this statue was carved from Burmese white jade marble and offers 360-degree views of the island and surrounding cityscape. Head over to the forest environs of Hanuman World outdoor adventure park, where you’ll delight in a buffet meal of Thai specialties — spring rolls, fish crackers, Tom Yum soup, curried chicken and fried fish round out the menu. Savor local treats at the Cashew Nut Factory and Shop and time-permitting, browse for souvenirs.
• Wat Chalong: Learn the history behind Phuket’s most significant Buddhist temple and then stand before the enormous Big Buddha statue.
• Hanuman World: Savor a buffet of Thai dishes including spring rolls, Tom Yum soup and curried chicken while dining outdoors.
• Tour a cashew processing factory and store where you can purchase local treats.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 108 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Respectful attire is required inside temple.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Cancellations for private arrangements made in a short period of time (less than 12 hours prior to the day of service) will result in a 100% charge (no refund).
• The additional charge for foreign language guides (German, Spanish, French) is $20 USD per guide for half day tour.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The roundtrip coach drive is approximately 2.5 hours.
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• Tour can be operated by van or by bus, depending on number of guests. If tour is by bus, vans will be provided to go from Chalong Temple to Big Buddha — the road to Big Buddha is hilly; the bus cannot reach there.
• Tour sequence may vary.