Explore the cultural and architectural heritage of historic George Town while riding in a trishaw pedicab. Enjoy the open-air views along streets lined with British Victorian buildings and Art Deco shop houses. Go inside the fortress-like Khoo Kongsi Clan House, a traditional Chinese-style family compound. Tour exhibits dedicated to hybrid Straits Chinese culture at the Baba-Nyonya Peranakan Museum and enjoy a photo stop at the Blue mansion built by a wealthy merchant. A refreshment will be served at a local hotel.
• Khoo Kongsi Clan House: Visit a fortress-like family compound with central courtyard, terraced houses, worship area and decorative carvings.
• Baba-Nyonya Pinang Peranakan Museum: Costumes, photos and exhibits focus on the culture created by Chinese men-Malay women marriages.
• The Blue Mansion: A wealthy 19th century merchant built this Indigo-blue home that is now a distinctive hotel.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Sequence of the tour may change to avoid overcrowding at venues.