This 7.5-hour adventure comes jam-packed with discoveries as you tour Kek Lok Si temple, the Pinang Peranakan Mansion, Reclining Buddha Temple, a Batik factory, Fort Cornwallis, and Penang Butterfly Farm — plus enjoy a buffet or family-style lunch. You'll first enter Kek Lok Si, the largest Buddhist temple in Malaysia. Built in 1891, this temple complex is full of intricate carvings, murals and sculptures among its halls and pagodas. At the Pinang Peranakan Mansion you'll see over 1,000 antiques and collectibles in the former home of a rich Baba. Savor a selection chicken, fish and dessert dishes in a local restaurant before finding a 100-foot gold-plated Buddha resting in the Thai-style Reclining Buddha Temple. At a batik factory you'll watch master craftsmen in action, while a drive past star-shaped Fort Cornwallis reveals Malaysia's largest citadel. Top off the day at Entopia, a butterfly farm where in the outdoor Natureland gardens you'll watch 15,000 free-flying butterflies flutter around you amid a tranquil nature-inspired environment. This is an all-in-one type of tour that packs in something for everyone.
• Kek Lok Si: Awe-inspiring murals, alabaster statues, and bejeweled pagodas await you in Malaysia's largest Buddhist temple.
• Penang: City highlights include Pinang Peranakan Mansion, tasty buffet or family-style cuisine, the Reclining Buddha Temple, a Batik factory, and photo stop at Fort Cornwallis.
• Entopia: Between The Cocoon indoor center and outdoor Natureland aviary you'll see over 200 flora species and 15,000 live butterflies.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .4 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 171 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Tour sequence may vary.