Discover the unique blend of eastern and westeren cultures and the well-preserved buildings of George Town by trishaw, a three-wheeled pedal vehicle that brings you to the city's iconic cultural, religious and governmental sites.
• Climb onto your trishaw, an open three-wheel vehicle and set out to explore George Town's iconic landmarks, including the Jubilee Clock Tower of Moorish design, Eastern and Oriental Hotel, a colonial-style hotel known simply as the "E and O," the adjacent Town Hall and City Hall, and the Street of Harmony, featuring four religious monuments built by migrants in the 19th century.
• See examples of the city's variety of places of worship, including the Anglican St. George's Church, the Chinese Goddess of Mercy Temple, the Hindu Sri Mahamariamman Temple, and the Kapitan Keling Mosque, as well as the impressive Khoo Clan Ancestral House, a building of great historical and cultural value, with porcelain tiles covering the rooftops and intricate carvings decorating the walls and pillars.
• Next, continue to the clan jetties, wooden settlements perched on stilts over water established in the 19th century by immigrant workers in response to a housing shortage brought by the booming tin and spice trades.
• Stop for a cup of coffee or tea at a local coffee shop before a short walk back to the ship.
What to Bring:
• Biodegradable sunscreen
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate attire
• Non-slip shoes
• Coffee and tea are included. Food and drinks are available for purchase.
• Tour is not recommended for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
• Guests are advised to be aware of surroundings and not wear valuables.
• Tour sequence may vary.