Discover George Town’s unique blend of eastern and western cultures on this half-day trishaw and walking tour that includes all of the city's significant highlights and attractions.
• Hop on your trishaw, a two-wheeled or three-wheeled passenger cart, and set off past the Queen Victoria Memorial Clock Tower, located within George Town’s UNESCO World Heritage Site center, built to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee.
• Head over to Esplanade Road where you’ll find City Hall, a colonial building and national monument, and the adjacent Town Hall, where the Penang Island City Council sits.
• Ride past the luxurious Eastern & Oriental Hotel and the Street of Harmony, where you’ll find four religious monuments from the 19th century, including the Anglican St. George's Church, the Chinese Goddess of Mercy Temple, the Hindu Sri Mahamariamman Temple, and the Kapitan Keling Mosque.
• See the 19th-century Kapitan Keling Mosque, once a humble, single-story brick structure that now stands as a regal landmark, and one of the country’s most beautiful and historically-rich mosques.
• Walk over to Little India, a colorful neighborhood where you can shop for jewelry or clothing and taste authentic Malaysian Indian cuisine.
• Continue to the Clan Jetties, a wooden settlement perched on stilts over the water built by immigrant workers during the 19th century.
• Enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee or tea at a local coffee shop before walking back to the ship.
What to Bring:
• Local currency
• Biodegradable sunscreen
What to Wear:
• Non-slip shoes
• Weather-appropriate attire
• This tour is not suitable for guests with walking difficulties or those who use a wheelchair.
• Guest should be aware of their surroundings and avoid wearing valuable items.
• Coffee and tea are included. Snacks are available for purchase.