Explore the home of the world's largest collection of paintings on this guided tour of a museum dating back to Catherine the Great. You'll visit the Winter Palace, its exterior a masterpiece of opulent Baroque architecture, its interior dazzling with ornate ballrooms and grand halls. Stand in awe of works by Da Vinci, Rafael, and Rembrandt, Spanish masters including El Greco, Velázquez, and Goya, and French masters from the 15th to 18th centuries.
• Winter Palace: Marvel at the contoured ceilings, precious woods, elaborate chandeliers and magnificent halls of this vast royal residence.
• New Hermitage: This 19th-century building holds a collection of Rembrandts and works from Spain's Golden Age.
• Old Hermitage: Admire Italian masterpieces spanning six centuries, including Da Vinci's "Madonna with a Flower."
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card, passport and valid tour ticket
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk about three-quarters of a mile over even surfaces.
• This tour is not recommended for guests who have difficulty walking.
• There are approximately 120 steps covering two stories and two wheelchair-accessible elevators in the Hermitage; four to seven steps must be climbed to reach the elevators. One elevator goes to the second floor only; the other goes to the second and third floors.
• The Hermitage has limited interior seating and no air conditioning.
• Large bags, umbrellas and heavy coats must be checked prior to entering the museum.
• The museum may change expositions or close some halls without notice.
• Camera and video fees at the museum are included in the tour cost.
• Flash photos are usually not permitted in areas displaying paintings.
• Hermitage Museum is often times crowded.