Travel into central Cuba to explore the colonial town of Trinidad on an eight-hour trip that includes a museum visit, local artist's gallery, plus Cuban cuisine, a pottery workshop and views from the Valley of the Sugar Mills. A scenic 90-minute coach ride brings you to the old town of Trinidad, a charming Cuban city known for its colonial buildings, cobblestone streets and Neo-Baroque Plaza Mayor. Enter a local artist's gallery to to learn about their influences and processes and then stop by Canchanchara, a local bar with famous rum cocktails. Dine on authentic Cuban food in a cozy restaurant and then relish sweeping panoramas of the Valley of the Sugar Mills, the center of Cuba’s sugar cane production until the late 19th century. At the open-air Casa del Alfarero you’ll get a first-hand look at master craftsmen as they use techniques passed down generations to mold and fire clay into beautiful vases, lamps and plates — their masterworks are on display and for sale. Then top off the day at the Municipal Museum of Trinidad, where you can check out an impressive collection of archaeological artifacts, antique furniture and artwork that tells the story of this small town’s indigenous people, economy and Cuban culture.
• Trinidad: Visit a local artist's gallery, savor Cuban cuisine, and stand atop the Valley of the Sugar Mills.
• Casa del Alfarero: See expert potters in action as they create pots, vases and other beautiful items from fired clay.
• Municipal Museum: Explore this Cuban city’s rich history and indigenous culture through an assemblage of artifacts, furniture and artworks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Passport and visa
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk over paved surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• The drive between port and Trinidad is approximately 90 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• This tour involves walking over cobblestones.
• Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.