Raise a glass (or a few) to Quebec City’s thriving craft beer scene on a three-hour guided walking tour through the trendy Saint-Roch neighborhood that includes stops at three local microbreweries and a lively tavern, complete with beer tastings and snacks along the way. Join a knowledgeable beer enthusiast for a stroll down downtown streets lined with art galleries, upscale restaurants and some of the city’s finest microbreweries. Your first stop is at Korrigane, an artisanal brasserie where you’ll sample a selection of organic brews that are only served onsite. Next you’ll head to Noctem Artisans Brasseurs, a small but serviceable brewery where you’ll taste craft suds ranging from pale ale, weisse and bitter beer. At La Barberie you’ll tour the microbrewery, learn about their sustainable practices and cooperative enterprise, and watch the facility’s bottling process before sipping “carousels” of beer in their living room-style taproom. Top off your pub crawl with a stop at restaurant Poutineville in the Old Port district. Here you’ll fill up on Canadian comfort food snacks and toast your day with a sampling of area microbrews — blonde, white, amber and red varieties round out the beer menu.
• Saint-Roch: Head out on foot through this hip neighborhood and enjoy guided beer tastings at Korrigane and Noctem microbreweries.
• La Barberie: Explore this cooperative microbrewery’s sustainable practices, bottling methods and selection of brews with an interactive tour and tasting.
• Poutineville: Settle into a cozy tavern to sample the region’s finest draught beers and snack on Canadian comfort cuisine.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Weather gear, if necessary
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather-appropriate attire
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.8 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 3 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Private tours are available to explore at your own pace with a private English-speaking guide.
• Tour sequence may vary.