Embark on a tasting tour in Riga, taking in the city’s history while sampling foods and beverages unique to the region. Riga’s Old Town and Riga Central Market are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The market, one of the largest in Europe, was built in 1930, and its five market halls were previously used as zeppelin hangars. Enjoy some local specialties, including meats, cheeses, bread, honey and chocolate, before heading to the Black Magic Bar near City Council Square. There, you’ll have the opportunity to taste Riga Black Balsam — a famous Latvian herbal liqueur. Then take a stroll through Old Town, meandering medieval streets and marveling at the architecture while making your way to a pub for a beer tasting along with a selection of delicious snacks, including garlic bread, cheeses and sausages.
• Four-hour tasting tour: Take in the city’s history while sampling foods and beverages unique to the region.
• Riga Central Market: One of the largest in Europe, its five market halls were previously used as zeppelin hangars.
• Old Town: Stroll medieval streets on the way to a pub for beer tasting with a selection of snacks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Video camera
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothes and shoes
• Tour not appropriate for guests with walking difficulties or guests using wheelchairs.
• Tour includes a lot of walking; Old Town has cobblestone surfaces and stairs.
• Beer pub is located in a cellar.
• Guests may see numerous animal carcasses hanging in the meat section of Riga Central Market.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol (18 years of age in Latvia and European Union).
• Nonalcoholic beverages will also be available.