Gain a deeper appreciation for Bahrain's unique charms on a 5.5-hour adventure that takes you from the Bahrain National Museum and a camel farm to the Al Fateh Grand Mosque, plus enjoy lunch at Raazji Restaurant in Muharraq. A walk through the Bahrain National Museum uncovers 5,000 years of history through old manuscripts, Babylonian sculptures, and an ancient burial mound. In the country setting of Janabiyah, you'll learn all about the life and behaviors of camels while seeing them up-close in the desert. Then learn about Islam’s deep history and customs at the Al Fateh Grand Mosque, one of the largest in the world and with an impressive fiberglass dome. Back in town, take a seat at Raazji Restaurant in Muharraq. Savor a selection of local mezze and traditional dishes served in authentic Arabian style. Head back to the ship with a better understanding of local life in Bahrain.
• Bahrain National Museum: One of the country's largest and oldest museums is packed with ancient artifacts, sculptures, and manuscripts.
• Al Fateh Grand Mosque: Meet camels in the countryside before exploring one of the largest mosques in the world.
• Raazji Restaurant: Relax with wine and an Arabian-style lunch.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Conservative attire required
• Closed-toe shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .02 miles over gravel surfaces, with inclines and about 28 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Smoking prohibited in public places.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Guests over 65 must be physically fit to participate.