Discover the Bahraini history and culture of Manama on a 3.5-hour sightseeing tour that includes a panoramic drive past notable landmarks, an inside visit to Al Fateh Grand Mosque, plus shopping in bustling Manama Souq. Listen along as your guide provides an insightful background on Manama, Bahrain's capital city and one of the country's chief trading hubs. Your route will pass the Bahrain National Museum, renowned for its artifacts spanning millennia, and you'll also see the twin tower complex of the Bahrain World Trade Center, a 50-story skyscraper that incorporates wind turbines into its modern design. Snap photos of Bahrain Fort, a UNESCO-listed citadel built by the Portuguese in the 16th century. Then step inside Al Fateh Grand Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world. Named after the founder of Bahrain, this enormous sanctuary can house 7,000 worshippers. As you walk around, you'll admire beautiful Italian marble, Austrian glass, Indian teak carvings, intricate Kufic calligraphy, and the largest fiberglass dome on the planet. Your last stop at Manama Souq in the city center affords you 45 minutes to peruse the town's old bazaar. Here you'll find a jumble of local merchants selling electronics, jewelry, nuts, spices, T-shirts and other Bahraini souvenirs.
• Al Fateh Grand Mosque: Take in the opulent décor and fiberglass dome of the largest mosque in all of Bahrain.
• Manama: A narrated sightseeing drive leads you past the Bahrain National Museum, Bahrain World Trade Center and UNESCO-listed Bahrain Fort.
• Manama Souq: Pick up Arabian spices, ornate jewelry, and more authentic souvenirs from the city's old bazaar.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .01 miles over tiled surfaces, with inclines and about 17 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• A strict dress code is enforced inside mosque.
• No transparent (see-through) clothing.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No footwear inside the mosque.
• No shorts for men and skirts must be ankle length.
• No tight clothing, no swimwear and no beachwear.
• All women will be asked to wear a traditional robe (abaya) and headscarf (shayla) before entering the mosque.
• Guests are not permitted inside the mosque during prayer times.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Tour does not include interior visit at Bahrain National Museum, Bahrain World Trade Center, or Bahrain Fort.
• Tour sequence may vary.