Ride by motorcoach to Berlin to visit all the major sights related to World War II and the Cold War. See Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall. Stop at the Memorial for the Victims of War and Dictatorship. After a typical German lunch, visit Schoeneberg Town Hall, where Kennedy made his famous ?Ich bin ein Berliner? speech, and the Allied Museum, which focuses on the Allied occupation of Berlin from 1945 until 1989.
• Brandenburg Gate: Built in the late 18th century, the gate symbolizes the tumultuous history of Europe and Germany.
• Checkpoint Charlie: See where Soviet and American tanks briefly faced off during the Berlin Crisis of 1961.
• Lunch and snacks included: Enjoy lunch at a hotel in the city, light snacks on the coach to and from Berlin.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Motorcoach ride between Rostock and Berlin is about 3.5 hours each way, subject to traffic.
• Berlin is a large metropolitan area with sites located all over the city.
• Guests must be able to walk about three-quarters of a mile over mostly even surfaces with 10 to 15 steps and slight inclines.
• Shops are normally closed on Sundays in Germany; only souvenir shops will be open.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol.