Explore an underwater playground where volcanic bubbles rise from the seabed, creating an extraordinary “champagne” effect. Begin with a scenic coastal boat ride, with panoramic views of lush mountains soaring to the clouds and scattered quaint fishing villages sleepily sitting on the ocean’s edge.
Your snorkel site is on the edge of a submerged volcano, a unique area that is a haven for a large number of tropical reef fish, including trumpet fish, parrot fish and various species of coral and sponges. After a safety briefing, your experienced guides lead you through the best routes along the reef, pointing out rare things to see and providing the names of species of fish and coral life on the way. Then the reef drops to about 50 feet to the west, giving a dramatic plunging effect of marine life. The tour ends close to shore atop vents that pump hot fresh water from the sea bed. As bubbles emerge from the water, you’ll feel as though you are swimming through a glass of champagne.
• 2.5-hour snorkeling adventure: Following a scenic coastal ride, explore an underwater playground where volcanic bubbles rise from the seabed.
• Experienced guides: After a safety briefing, your guides lead you through the best routes along the reef (all gear included).
• Champagne effect: Bubbles emerge from vents in the seabed, making you feel as if you’re swimming through champagne.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Prescription snorkel mask (if needed)
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit and cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Snorkel vest, mask and fins are included.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with mobility challenges and those in wheelchairs should not select this tour.
• There are steps to get to the boat and a step across platform to the vessel.