Board a plane for an unforgettable two-and-a-half-hour tour over the spectacular south west area of Iceland. Get a bird's-eye view over majestic glaciers, a volcano, waterfalls, and geysers. Fly over the quiet splendor of Eyjafjallajokull glacier and the volcano it coveres of the same name, the world famous volcano that, due to its massive eruption, managed to halt all flights across the globe in 2010. Enjoy the view of Hekla, a volcano which last erupted in 2000. You’ll see traces of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge over Thingvellir, plus you’ll visit Gullfoss’ double waterfall as well as the Strokkur, an active geyser that spouts boiling water up in the air every few minutes.
• Enjoy the view of world famous Eyjafjallajökull ice cap over the volcano of the same name, the Thorsmork Nature Reserve and the rhyolite peaks of Landmannalaugar.
• Thingvellir: From above, locate the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge that separates the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates.
• Gullfoss: When it’s sunny, spray from this spectacular waterfall creates shimmering rainbows; the falls also glitter with ice in winter.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Tour is highly weather-dependent. Tour may be canceled on short notice if weather or low visibility is not favorable for flying.