Here’s your chance to take in the splendor of the countryside while riding on one of Iceland’s iconic horses. Expert riders and novices alike will enjoy riding along some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Small in size, the Icelandic horse is the only breed of horse in Iceland, a breed developed from horses introduced to the country by Vikings as early as the 9th century.
• Unforgettable journey: Your two-and-a-half-hour tour with 1 hour of riding time gets you up close and personal to Iceland’s countryside charms.
• A breed all its own: The Icelandic horse is small, developed from horses brought over more than 1,000 years ago.
• Easy to ride: Icelandic horses are known to be sure-footed and good-natured animals, ideal for riders of all levels.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards (excludes AMEX)
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with nonslip soles
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Minimum age to participate is 8 years old.
• Guests exceeding 110kg (242lbs) are not allowed to participate on this tour.
• Waivers must be signed on ship or at riding center before participating on this tour.
• The weather in Iceland is very unpredictable. It is highly recommended to wear warm weather and waterproof clothing, as well as appropriate footwear with a non-slip sole.
• According to Icelandic law, it is forbidden to bring own riding gear. All the appropriate gear will be provided at the riding center.
• Total duration of horseback ride is about 1 hour.
• Selfie sticks are not permitted.