Explore the cold Atlantic waters by vessel in search of a wide variety of whales. You’ll board the watercraft where your experienced guide will take you on a three-hour ride. Then get ready to spot blue, fin, humpback, sei and minke whales. In the summer, Iceland is arguably the best place in Europe to catch sight of minkes and humpbacks.
• View many species of whales: The waters off Iceland are home to blue, fin, humpback, sei and minke whales.
• Fun fact: The largest animal to ever live is the blue whale, weighing up to 140 tons.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards (excludes AMEX)
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Warm clothes
• The weather in Iceland is very unpredictable. It is highly recommended to wear warm weather and waterproof clothing, as well as appropriate footwear with a non-slip sole.
• Whale sightings cannot be guaranteed.
• Prime period for whale watching in Iceland is during the late spring to early autumn months (May - September).
• Tour and views are highly weather dependent. For safety reasons, if weather is unfavorable, tour may be canceled at the last minute.