Delight in the Blue Lagoon's otherworldly atmosphere while on a relaxing, accessible jaunt to the geothermal pools of the popular Blue Lagoon. Enjoy free time soaking in the incredible lagoon's milky waters and explore several other wheelchair friendly amenities onsite. Join a small group and a local driver in a van equipped with a wheelchair ramp, and then set off through the charming cityscape of Reykjavik and into a barren landscape surrounded by black lava fields. Learn about Iceland's volcanic origins and the geothermal power used to heat the waters of the Blue Lagoon. Upon arrival, you will have three hours to explore the site on your own. The Lagoon offers wheelchair-accessible changing rooms and an aquatic wheelchair that allows you to easily enter the lagoon's shallow waters. Feel the stress melt away among hot waters known for their healing silica mud and algae, as steam rises above you into the chilly air. If you desire, you can sip cocktails from the swim-up bar, relax in the sauna and steam room, purchase an invigorating spa treatment, or savor an Icelandic meal at Lava Restaurant on your own. This is one swimming experience unlike any other on this planet.
This tour is designed to be accessible for all, using step-free routes, shorter distances, accessible bathrooms and vehicles equipped with a ramp or lift for easy wheelchair access.
• Reykjavik: Admire rocky coastlines, snow-capped mountains and volcanic lava fields while traveling from the city through Iceland's countryside.
• Blue Lagoon: Soak in the nutrient-rich waters of this geothermal hot tub, with optional spa and lunch upgrades available.
• Accessible amenities: This excursion uses a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, restrooms, changing rooms, and waterproof wheelchairs to enter the lagoon.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under warm clothing
• Walking shoes
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion to push them.
• The price includes vehicle, tour guide, and entrance tickets.
• As the number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited, guests are encouraged to reserve early. A minimum is required for the tour to operate.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (weight, height, length and width) of the mobility equipment at the time of booking by sending an email to email@example.com
• The drive between pier and Blue Lagoon is approximately 1 hour each way.
• Guests should not exceed maximum weight (guest and wheelchair combined) of 881 pounds, width of 31 inches, length of 55 inches and height of 69 inches.