Breathe in the fresh air and soak up the magnificent and unique mountain scenes during your hiking tour of Paklenica Karst River Canyon. You’ll have plenty of time to take in the natural scenes during your 45-minute drive to this picturesque town that sits on the southern part of Velebit Mountain. From here your journey continues to Paklenica Karst River Canyon. Cliffs, caves, holes and cracks abound, so you will begin your hiking adventure with some safety instructions. Afterwards, follow your guide along the trail with breathtaking views of the magnificent Velika and Mala Paklenica canyons. Trek along gorges, shady paths and dense patches of vegetation. Trees like beech, pine, and oak cover the floors of the park’s forest. While animal life is rare, you may see eagles and falcons nesting along the cliffs. You’ll learn how soluble rock broke apart to form fascinating geological works of art known as “skrape.” Your tour winds down upon arriving at Anica Kuk, which offers spectacular views of the coastal seascapes and its legendary peak. Conclude with refreshments, snacks and splendid panoramic views of your surroundings.
• Paklenica Karst River Canyon: See the stark peaks and deep gorges of Crotia’s finest mountains.
• Guided hike: Exceptional natural beauty and various geological formations abound providing plenty of panoramic views and photographic opportunities.
• Break: Refresh with a bottle of water and enjoy a lite snack.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled Water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/sports shoes
• Comfortable sports clothing
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Minimum age is 10 years.
• Maximum age is 65 years.
• Maximum weight is 240 lbs.
• Pregnant women beyond 8 months may not participate.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them. Guests with heart disease and high blood pressure cannot participate the tour.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous. .
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests must complete waiver form
• Bottled water and a picnic snack of is served at Anica Kuk rest stop
• Guests can not buy additional drinks at the restaurant.
• Guests must negotiate five steps that are 12-16 inches
• Guests need to be physically active to participate in the tour.
• According to Croatian Law all the guests must remain seated while the bus is moving.
• Guests walk mostly gravel and uphill from the starting point toward Anica Kuk.
• Guests walk a distance of 2.5 miles.
• Upon arrival at Anica Kuk guests will have 45 minutes break time.
• Shopping is not available during tour.