Adventurers looking to explore, this tour is for you. Discover hidden natural treasures when you tour the mysterious Modri? Cave. Hundreds of caves are hidden within the karst area, which means several of them haven’t sufficiently been viewed. You’ll have the rare chance to traverse a cave in its natural form discovering its hidden chambers. Your tour begins with a scenic drive that takes you through the city of Zadar, which has a rich Croatian identity. You’ll pass structures constructed around the Roman Forum as you leave the town en-route to Dragic Village. During your drive your professional guide will share some fascinating history about the Modri? Cave, which is located beside the Village. Upon arrival, your guide will equip you with a helmet and a caving suit. The cave was discovered in the 1980s, and remained closed to visitors until 2004. Its temperature is a constant 13 ºC, and it doesn’t have steps, paths or lighting, which will make for an exciting experience. You’ll begin the tour by crawling through a narrow entrance. Then, walk through the halls, corridors and gaps that are as long a 840 meters and decorated with rainbow-colored stalactites and stalagmites. Discover evidence of the cave’s transformation that has spanned millions of years. Your guide will share stories about cave discoveries, such as human bones and bronze axes. Afterwards, enjoy some refreshments and a lite snack.
• Modri? Cave: Experience the rare opportunity of exploring a natural cave and view its rainbow-colored stalactites and stalagmites and fascinating geological formations.
• Snacks and Refreshments: After your tour, enjoy a sandwich, fruit and some bottled water.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled Water
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/sports shoes
• Comfortable sports clothing
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Guests receive helmets and caving suits
• Minimum age is 14 years.
• Maximum age is 60 years.
• Maximum weight is 200 lbs.
• Walking activities inside Cave are very strenuous over slippery and wet terrain.
• Guests need to be active and physically able to enter and exit rafts.
• Pregnant women beyond 8 months may not participate.
• Guests with heart disease and high blood pressure cannot participate the tour.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. .
• Guests must complete waiver form
• Bottled water and a picnic snack of is served at Anica Kuk rest stop
• Guests must negotiate five steps that are 12-16 inches
• Guests need to be physically active to participate in the tour.
• According to Croatian Law all the guests must remain seated while the bus is moving.
• Shopping is not available during tour.