Explore San Francisco for half the day, driving downtown, through Union Square and then affluent Nob Hill for a visit to Grace Cathedral, the third-largest Episcopal cathedral in the nation. In Chinatown, enjoy a delicious dim sum lunch at of the area?s most popular restaurants. Then head to Fisherman?s Wharf and Ghirardelli Square. Don?t miss the photo op of Golden Gate Bridge at the Bridge Pavilion, plus spend awhile (time permitting) at Golden Gate Park.
• Grace Cathedral: See intricate mosaics, labyrinths and gorgeous stained-glass windows; the entrance is a replica of Ghiberti?s Gates of Paradise.
• Chinatown: Established in 1848, this neighborhood is the oldest Chinatown in North America and the largest Chinese community outside Asia.
• Fisherman?s Wharf: This famous area, which is still used by Bay Area fisherman, dates back to the 1800s.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• The optional stop at Fisherman?s Wharf and Ghirardelli Square will not be possible on afternoon departures due to time limitation.