Discover the adventures of Scuba Diving at Old San Juan's Escambron Marine Park on a special tour geared for first-time divers. Prepare to dive as a trained instructor teaches you how to breathe from a regulator, clear your ears and communicate underwater. After practicing in a protected cove, swim through schools of colorful fish.
• Escambron Marine Park: Get basic diving instructions, then practice in this protected cove with calm waters.
• Underwater Exploration: Watch schools of colorful fish including blue tangs, damselfish, yellowtail snappers and sergeant majors swim through rocks and corals in this protected bay.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Lightweight clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Towel (from ship)
• This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water based activities.
• A PADI medical questionnaire must be completed at booking, before arriving in port.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.
• Participants on prescription medication cannot dive without a written pre-clearance from a doctor with hyperbaric training.
• Pre-clearance must be presented before diving can be approved.
• Strict medical restrictions apply and participation is subject to satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire.
• Guests who cancel onsite, who do not complete the excursion at their own discretion, or who are turned away on site due to medical restrictions will not be refunded.