See San Juan’s sights from two perspectives: Hop onboard San Juan Cat where our friendly crew will take you on a journey of Puerto Rico’s history within the waters of Old San Juan harbor. Enjoy magnificent views of this 500 years old city while you learn about the events that shaped the island from the first settlers to the conquistadores and Spanish occupation to modern times. The crew will allow ample time to capture unique photos of the city, the forts, governors mansion and other points of interests. Once aground, you will enjoy a comfortable, air conditioned coach ride around historic monuments and more, plus free time in Old San Juan. Hop aboard a comfortable and modern power catamaran for a thrilling glide across the bay waters. Admire the city skyline and dramatic coastline in the distance, as the 16th-century El Morro citadel commands your attention. See the pale blue Fortress where the Governor of Puerto Rico lives before eyeing Casa Bacardi, where rum has been produced since the 1800s. Back ashore you’ll find a seat in an air-conditioned motor coach and listen along as your expert guide leads the way. See the Capitol just outside the old city walls and a collection of life-size monuments resembling U.S. Presidents — Eisenhower, Roosevelt and Obama included. You’ll pass the timeworn remnants of San Cristobal Fort, built by the Spanish in the late-1700s before entering historic Old San Juan. At this point you can head straight back to the pier — or perhaps stay awhile longer to explore cobblestone streets, shop for souvenirs, or dine on Puerto Rican cuisine before making your way back at your leisure.
• By sea: See El Morro castle, the Governor’s mansion and Casa Bacardi from the waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
• By land: Enjoy a narrated coach ride past the Capitol building, Presidents’ monuments, San Cristobal fortress and more notable landmarks.
• Old San Juan: With a map you can explore, shop or lunch as you wish before returning on your own.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk over paved surfaces, with inclines and extended periods of standing.
• The walking distance is up to one mile.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach/boat and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.