Calling all foodies: here’s your chance to delve into Puerto Rico’s delectable flavors with a hands-on lesson in making classic mofongo followed by a three-course meal of local dishes paired with a sweet mojito cocktail. Head out on foot with a guide through Old San Juan, learning about the island’s history, geography and culture. Along the way you’ll admire Plaza Darsenas’ architecture, the antique appeal of Princess Pathway, the Gate of San Juan from the 1600s, bronze La Rogativa statue and the towering cathedral. Then hop in the kitchen with a local chef for an interactive cooking class. Use a mortar and pestle to mash plantains or cassava, chicken and seasonings into this tasty native dish, picking up tips and tricks during your lesson. Top off the day with three courses of Puerto Rican specialties including chicken mofongo with Creole sauce, salad and a delicious dessert. Wash it all down with a sweet, minty mojito before walking back to the ship.
• Old San Juan: Take a guided stroll past the historic district’s plazas, gates, statues, distinct architecture and impressive cathedral.
• Mofongo: In the kitchen with a local chef, you’ll use time-honored techniques to prepare this delicious plantain or cassava-based dish.
• Puerto Rican cuisine: Relax with a meal of chicken mofongo, salad, and sweet dessert served with a mint-infused mojito.
What to Bring:
What to Wear:•
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
Hat and sunglasses•
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over uneven, cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Tour sequence may vary.