Fresh mountain air, the not-so-distant call of an eagle and spectacular forest draw you in as you explore a timeless landscape. Join experienced guides on a narrated driving tour up the White Pass to a trailhead, gear up with complimentary binoculars and then slip into the Tongass Rainforest. Two miles in, refuel for the return with a snack at a breathtaking overlook with rapturous views of the Skagway Valley, White Pass, and the Lynn Canal. Guests must be able to hike 2 miles over uneven, natural terrain with a gain in elevation of approximately 650-700 feet.
• Rainforest Hiking: Walk beside the colossal conifers and rich biodiversity of the Tongass National Forest.
• Expert Guide: Gain a deeper understanding of the natural and gold rush history of this ever-changing yet timeless landscape.
• Remote Wilderness: Escape the crowds and treat yourself and loved ones to some euphoric moments in the great outdoors.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must be able to hike 2 miles over uneven, natural terrain with a gain in elevation of approximately 650-700 feet.
• Closed-toe appropriate hiking footwear recommended.
• Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when considering this tour.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour.
• Guests who have health concerns should consult their doctor before engaging in any strenuous activity.
• Guests must be at least 8 years old.