Visit a waterfall in the center of a St. Lucia rainforest on a scenic island drive in an open-top jeep. The route takes you through Castries onto backroads that deliver charming glimpses of rural village life on the island's east coast. Inside the rainforest, stroll the flower and herb-filled gardens of La Tille Waterfall & Garden. Swim in the pool below. Sample hot cashews (when in season), freshly roasted over a fire, before your return to ship.
• Scenic Drive: Traveling via open-top jeep, drive through quaint villages as you head to the waterfalls in the rainforest.
• La Tille Waterfall: Follow trails under exotic fruit trees to the waterfalls, which cascade down rocks into a pool.
• Tasty Treats: Watch as fresh cashews are roasted over an open fire, then sample the hot nuts (seasonal).
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes with non-slip soles or hiking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Trail can be slippery and muddy during rainfall.
• Guests must be in good physical condition and able to walk substantial distance and manage steps. There are at least 40 steep man made earthern steps leading down to the Waterfall. There are wooden and rope handrails leading down to the trail to the waterfall.
• Sampling of cashews is seasonal.
• Please note that when there is limited rainfall there will be limited water flow at the waterfall and the waterpool level will be low. During heavy rains the waterfall pool appears brown, this is due to the excess silt.
• Accessing the waterfall pool maybe challenging at times.
• Hiking sticks are provided on arrival at Latille Waterfall.
• Latille Gardens provides its own hydro-electricity via the waterfall through a system of pipes leading from the top of the waterfall.
• A couple of stops will be made on the drive to Latille Gardens.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.