Hop aboard an open-air trolley train and get ready for a 50-minute commentated drive through St. Lucia’s capital city, complete an inside visit of the largest church in the Caribbean and a tropical cocktail at Vigie Beach. Join a local guide for a trip around Castries’ Old Town neighborhood, as you learn about the area’s legacy as a British naval port and major coaling station. As you wind through alleyways past colorful colonial architecture, you’ll travel past notable landmarks. In the center of Old Town in Derek Walcott Square, step off the train and inside the Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. Recognized as the largest in the Caribbean, this cathedral flaunts an Italian-style clock tower, Victorian details and interior murals painted by local artist Dunstan St. Omer. The trolley train will then transport you to nearby Vigie Beach, a pristine strip of white sand situated on the northern edges of Castries. Here you may take a quick dip in the ocean or simply relax for 1 hour of seaside serenity, complimentary fruit punch in hand, before enjoying a scenic return train trip back to your ship.
• Castries: See colonial buildings, government landmarks and the local craft market on a commentated train ride through St. Lucia’s capital.
• Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception: Enter the Caribbean’s largest cathedral to admire its decorative murals and Victorian accents.
• Vigie Beach: White sands, turquoise waters and a complimentary fruit punch await you at this postcard-worthy shoreline. Take a quick dip in the Caribbean Sea.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Towel (from ship)
• Bathing Suit
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Conservative attire required for guests going inside the church
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 80 yards over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Respectful attire is required inside cathedral.
• Lounge chairs are not included at the beach.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• The roundtrip trolley drive is approximately 50 minutes.