This accessible St. Lucia shore excursion offers a fun and full day of experiencing the very best highlights of the island. Visit the charming fishing village Anse La Ray, see the majestic Pitons and experience the Diamond Botanical Garden and Waterfalls in Soufriere. Start your day by meeting your guide and accessible van at the St. Lucia cruise dock. First, you'll set out on a beautiful scenic island drive through banana plantations and beautiful mountain views, before making a stop in Anse La Ray, a small charming fishing village to the far western side of the island right next to Castries. In Anse La Ray, you will exit the van by the small center square to get out and explore firsthand. Take a stroll down the small pier, meet local fishermen and see what they caught for the day, make your way around the charming little city streets with traditional small cottages, and visit the beautiful old cathedral from the early 16th century. As your tour continues to the city of Soufriere, you will make several photo stops along the way. Not only is St. Lucia lush and rich in produce, it is a volcanic island which provides some amazing views, including the Pitons. While the Pitons volcano site is not wheelchair accessible, one can still see them from afar and capture some beautiful photos.
In Soufriere, you will experience one of the only fully accessible waterfall views in the world! In the popular Diamond Botanical Garden, your tour guide will take you on a spectacular stroll while sharing all that he knows about the fauna and produce of the island. The path in the garden is accessible with no steps or steep inclines. At the end of the Gardens, you will see the amazing Diamond Waterfall right in front of you. There is an accessible restaurant right next to the gardens, where you can enjoy delicious traditional St. Lucia buffet and fresh squeezed juice on your own if you desire.
• Visit the charming fishing village of Anse La Ray
• See the majestic Piton mountains
• Experience the popular Diamond Botanical Garden and Waterfall
What to Bring:
• Local Currency
What to Wear:
• Comfortable shoes
• Comfortable clothes
• This tour is designed to be accessible for all guests.
• This tour is designed to use the most wheelchair accessible routes possible. This includes step-free routes, shorter distances and steps.
• Accessible bathrooms with wide doors for wheelchairs are present along the tour route.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs and/or mobility scooters.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion
• Lunch/snack costs are not included.
• The number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited. Guests are encouraged to make their accessible shore excursion reservations as far in advance as possible.
• Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.
• Max weight: 800 lbs. Max device width: 37 inches. Max device length: 51 inches. Max height inside vehicle: 80 inches
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed.