This is the perfect three-hour outing for those interested in getting their feet wet among a small group of beginner scuba divers, as you’ll get an overview on the basics before enjoying your first dive with expert masters in the waters off St. Maarten. With six fellow novices you’ll engage in an orientation led by dive masters that provides an instructional and operational overview of the equipment and techniques associated with scuba diving. Learn how to use the regulator and breathe underwater from certified instructors at one of the island’s most reputable dive shops. All your dive equipment, weights and wet suit are included. Then it’s time to hit the water, as a dive boat brings you to the ideal spot for your first open-water dive. With the helping hands of your instructors, you’ll descend under the surface in waters of up to 35 feet deep for the chance to experience first-hand the thrill of exploring underwater with scuba diving tanks and equipment. Take in the colorful coral and marine life under the sea before enjoying light refreshments on the boat ride back to shore.
• Scuba intro: Learn the essential basics of scuba diving techniques and operations within a small group of 6 beginners.
• Dive masters: Experienced instructors lead the day, from gearing up at the dive shop to plunging into the water.
• St. Maarten: With all the necessary gear included, you’ll feel the rush of breathing and exploring colorful underwater worlds.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .1 miles over flat concrete surfaces, with inclines and about 267 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests are required to complete a waiver and medical form.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.
• Pregnant women should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.