Soak up the seaside bliss of St. Maarten while on a five-hour beach break at El Zafiro hotel, where you'll not only enjoy free time along Simpson Bay but also lunch on the waterfront patio. A friendly guide will join you in an air-conditioned motor coach and deliver a commentated drive that highlights St. Maarten's colonial history and authentic Dutch and French culture. You'll then be dropped off at El Zafiro, a boutique beach hotel tucked away on a quiet strip of sand situated along pristine Simpson Bay. You'll be welcomed with a rum or fruit cocktail and escorted to your complimentary lounge chair and then relish 3.5 hours of free time. Umbrellas are available for rent, a beach volleyball court beckons the sports enthusiast, and shallow turquoise waters offer a prime spot for swimming. Your beach day package also includes lunch on the hotel's outdoor patio, where under a shady pergola you'll delight in a selection of fresh fish, baked chicken, barbecue ribs, French fries, and rice and peas. All accompanied with a complimentary drink. The day is yours to indulge in the island's finest beach scenes before being conveniently transferred back to the ship in Philipsburg.
• Philipsburg: Admire the views and learn about Dutch and French history on a narrated coach drive.
• El Zafiro: White sands, turquoise waters, a complimentary lounge chair and welcome cocktail await you at this boutique beach hotel.
• Simpson Bay: Spend 3.5 hours sunning and swimming, plus a meal of local dishes will be served by the beach.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 3 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Space permitting, guests with other mobility challenges may participate.
• Beach umbrellas available for rent on first-come, first-serve basis.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The drive between pier and beach is approximately 45 minutes each way, depending on traffic.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.