Take in some of Santorini's most stunning vistas, visit an intriguing village, and sample traditional local dishes and wine at the oldest winery on the island. After a short tender ride from ship to shore, board a Pyrgos-bound coach for a guided walking tour that features remnants of a large Venetian castle, an 18th century monastery, and the island's largest winery. Conclude with a ride to Fira Town for a bit of free time to sightsee and shop. Town for a bit of free time to sightsee and shop.
• Pyrgos: See an 18th century monastery, stop for panoramic photos, and enjoy a walking tour through narrow, ascending streets.
• Santorini Delicacies: Stop at Venetsano's winery, the oldest winery on the island, for tomato fritters, fava puree, cheese pies, and meatballs, with unlimited wine.
• Fira: Peek into shops and craft studios, or enjoy the festive crowds before returning by cable car to tender.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros)/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over varying terrain, steep inclines and 30-40 steps.
• Guests must be able to walk one-half mile on their own in Fira Town to reach cable car station.
• Guests must be able to walk uphill for 450 feet to reach Mitropolis church.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• One-way cable car ticket from Fira to tender loading included.
• Expect waiting and queuing time at cable car station.
• Some stores in Fira closed in October and November.
• This tour does not include a wine tasting.