Step back in time to the Middle Ages when Viking kings ruled both land and sea. Visit the Iron Age Farm, an ancient site where the King Harald Fairhair defeated the last of the regional princes in 872. Take advantage of photo stops at Ullandhaug viewpoint, with its magnificent view of the Hafsfjord, as well as the 12th-century Stavanger Cathedral. Then stroll the cobblestone streets of Old Stavanger, featuring picturesque, 18th-century whitewashed wooden homes.
• Three-hour tour: Visit where Harald Fairhair defeated the regional princes, forming the Kingdom of Norway; plus stroll charming Old Stavanger.
• Hafrsfjord: See the monument of the three swords, marking where King Harald Fairhair won a decisive sea battle.
• Old Stavanger: Have your camera ready when you see the dollhouse-like 18th-century wooden houses with their carefully groomed flowerboxes.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk about 1 mile over uneven, cobblestone and hilly terrain with two to three steps to enter and exit the coach.
• Tour order may vary