Get out into Norway's beautiful nature and enjoy some exercise at the same time while on a four-hour Nordic walking adventure that takes you along the Godalen trail and includes Norwegian snacks beside picturesque Gandsfjord. Nordic walking is the full-body version of a leisure hike, assisted by walking poles and offering a great way to exercise out in natural surroundings. Follow your guide on a route through Stavanger's city center past historic white cottages, art galleries, and Norway's oldest church. You'll then hit the Godalen trail, a two-mile coastal path that edges small harbors before opening to expansive countryside. Trek up steep inclines that skirt the sandy beach and waters that double as popular swimming spots and prime fishing grounds. A rest stop will be made to take in Gandsfjord's dramatic landscape, with its rocky headlands, deep-blue waters, and mountains surrounding you. You'll also be treated to traditional rye bread and brunost, a brown cheese that is considered an iconic snack food in Norway. Breathe in the fresh air of the fjord before making the trek back to the pier.
• Nordic walking: Enjoy a full-body exercise while hiking with walking poles around Stavanger's historic buildings, churches and art galleries.
• Godalen: Traipse a two-mile coastal walking trail along boat-filled harbors, past sandy beaches and swimming holes, and through rolling countryside.
• Gandsfjord: Rest your feet and savor a taste of Norway's iconic browno cheese while relishing sweeping views of the fjord.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• This is a walking tour with about 7.3 miles (11.8 kilometers) of distance covered in total.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles (3 hours) over uneven gravel and wet surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Guests require full use of both arms and legs to participate.
• Tour sequence may vary.