Experience the pulse-pounding thrills of riding in a high-speed Rigid Inflatable Boat around the awe-inspiring landscapes of Lysefjord, plus enjoy the unique perspective of viewing the sky-high Pulpit Rock from the water. Your 2.5-hour outdoor adventure begins at the dock, where you’ll meet your experienced boat captain who will gear you up with an inflatable suit and life jacket. After your group of 11 explorers listens to a safety overview, you’ll take your seat in the boat. Then get ready to feel the rush of gliding at top speeds across the emerald waters of Lysefjord, as granite rock walls tower over you, plunging 3,300 feet down to the water. Spanning 26 miles of spectacularly dramatic landscapes, Lysefjord was carved by glaciers in the ice ages, and in some places the water is as deep as the surrounding mountains are tall. Your boating route even includes a breathtaking view of Pulpit Rock, a popular cliff promontory overlook that was shaped by ice 10,000 years ago. Be sure to snap a selfie with the craggy cliffside behind you, then hold on for a wet and wild return ride back to Stavanger.
• RIB: Equipped with an inflatable suit and lifejacket, embark on an exhilarating rigid inflatable boat ride with a professional captain.
• Lysefjord: Prepare to be awed as some of the most dramatic coastal scenery on earth unfolds before you.
• Pulpit Rock: From the water, see a steep clifftop outcrop that protrudes from granite rocks 1,900 feet above you.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Flat shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests must know how to swim to participate.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.