Calling all scallywags and history buffs for some swashbuckling fun around St. Thomas on a 2.5-hour trip that leads you to the Pirate Treasure Museum for an interactive discovery as well as a scenic island drive that includes photo stops at some of St. Thomas's most historic sites. Hop in an open-air safari bus and head over to the Pirate Treasure Museum, where along the way you can envision the island's past global traders, Caribbean pirates, and life in a vibrant West Indian port city dating back to the late 1600's. Explore the Museum with an hours' free time, where you can learn about local shipwrecks in the US and British Virgin Islands, see a collection of ancient cannons, weaponry, gold and silver bars and coins, experience hurricane winds in a simulator, and operate a real treasure collecting ROV, plus more.
Next, it's off to Drake's Seat, where the famous British sea captain, Sir Francis Drake directed his ships to plunder. At this strategic mountain top location, you'll experience the site and envision the exploits of Sir Francis Drake, while taking in spectacular views of the sea and surrounding islands. Then it's a drive through the historic Kongens Quarter, the oldest part of Charlotte Amalie. Here you'll have photo opportunity of historical sites, including the 3 Queens, 99 Steps and nearby Colonial manor houses that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
• Pirates Treasure Museum: Shipwreck exhibits, gold bars, silver coins and weaponry tell the adventurous story of local pirates.
• Drake's Seat: Hear legends of Sir Francis Drake and check out panoramic island views from this hilltop overlook.
• Kongens Quarter: Here you will have a photo opportunity of historical sites.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Please be advised the stop at Blackbeard's Castle is a photo opportunity only – the venue is closed.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .04 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 70 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• This tour is not suitable for blind or deaf guests.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.