The town of Windsor grew up in the Middle Ages around its namesake castle built by William the Conqueror. Travel back to those days on a tour that takes you inside the fortress and along Windsor's historic streets. As you near town, you'll see the castle rising majestically above the woodlands. Explore its Royal Chambers and Round Tower. Look out on sweeping views of the town below. Discover this rural and regal English treasure.
• Travel through the English countryside to the historic medieval town of Windsor
• Enjoy a guided tour of legendary Windsor Castle, pride of British Royalty for more than 900 years.
• Browse the shops and enjoy the sights of town before heading to Heathrow to catch your outbound flight.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Local currency/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• There is moderate amount of walking in Windsor Castle.
• At Windsor Castle, all guests and their belongings will be subject to airport-style security checks. Guests should bring as little as possible (no large bulky baggage, luggage, backpacks, etc.) as it will help to get through security screening more quickly.
• Walking during free time is at guests' discretion.
• Windsor Castle may be closed due to official visits or functions.
• St. George's Chapel is closed Sundays for religious services.
• Guests with flights after 4:15pm may take this tour.
• May 25, 2019: Due to seasonal closures, Windsor Castle will not be open to the public on these dates. However, the exteriors of the castle may still be enjoyed as well as a stroll along The Long Walk.