This tour is a perfect way for guests with walking difficulties to get to know the island of La Palma. The adapted coach will pick you up at the pier and start the panoramic drive towards Fuencaliente, and it’s imposing San Antonio Volcano. Until 17th century, this spot was a popular Spa thanks to its natural hot water springs, being the origin of its name: “Holy Fountain” (Fuensanta). Patients with all type of sicknesses reached La Palma to recover in these holy waters. The rename spread over the island and all borders, reaching all of Europe and the America’s. This brought a big influence to the island, until in the late 17th century; the San Antonio Volcano became active again. During this short period, the lava buried the Holy Fountain. The crater is still there, overlooking the town of San Antonio, which you will be able to admire from the path that runs around the entire rim, a short distance from the town. Back on the coach and on your way back to the ship, lay back and enjoy the unique countryside of the island, while passing by the El Paso and Breña Alta. Both, conveniently located at a higher sea level, offer excellent pictures of the landscapes.
• Panoramic Ride: Enjoy scenic landscapes on the ride to Fuencaliente and discover its history and geomorphology.
• Volcano San Antonio: Experience the Volcano visitor center exhibits, videos and explanatory panels on the history of the park.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Light clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Tour is designed for guests who are full-time wheelchair users.
• Space permitting, we will try to accommodate guests with walking difficulties, those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing. Vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
• In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter.
• Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time.
• Guests interested in this tour must contact in advance of the cruise the Shore Excursion Department at email@example.com to review full details on this tour and availability.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed on this excursion.
• Tour can only be secured in advance of the cruise on a first come first served basis.
• Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.