Discover all the history, culture and cuisine of Taipei at your own pace, as you spend six splendid hours exploring this 300-year-old city, all with the ease and convenience of roundtrip transfers from the pier. A 50-minute bus ride brings you to the city center and then you are given complete freedom to head in whichever direction you choose. In the heart of downtown, you can enter Taipei 101, a 509-meter-tall modern skyscraper filled with upscale shops and a rooftop observatory offering citywide panoramas. In the National Palace Museum, you'll find impressive collections of artworks, while holy Longshan Temple dates to 1738. Hit the Chinese medicine shops and antique shops along Dihua Street or admire the aromatic essence of Yangmingshan Flower Clock. And don't miss all the local delicacies served up among the city's vibrant street-food scene. Enjoy it all before returning by bus to the pier in Keelung.
• Taipei: Enjoy six hours to freely explore Taiwan's capital city, where a centuries-old history melds with a modern, sky-scraping edge. complete with convenient roundtrip coach transfers to and from the pier.
• Independent exploration: Peruse renowned museums, meditate in sacred temples, shop along Dihua Street, or dine on tasty street food.
• Keelung: The city is yours to enjoy fully, within walking distance approximately 10 minutes.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Guests can exchange foreign currency at bank in Taipei 101 building.
• Meals, entrance fees, and guide services not included.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The drive between pier and Taipei is approximately 50 minutes each way.